Transforming coastal decision makers into coastal leaders by providing skills training and collaborative learning opportunities that inspire thoughtful management of Lake Superior.
Coastal Training Program (CTP) is dedicated to providing opportunities for local decision-makers to learn about the factors that influence coastal systems, think critically about the role that they play in coastal management, and cultivate skills and confidence that will allow them to be intentional about taking actions that result in mindful management of our estuaries and Western Lake Superior coast.
Current topics of training
- Regional algal blooms research and public health
- Estimating the Local Marine Economy
- Clean Stormwater contractor trainings
- Lake Superior water level scenario planning
- Best practices for long-term restoration monitoring
- Incorporating climate hazards into planning efforts
- and more!
CTP In the News
Mar 11th, 2019, University of Wisconsin Sea Grant
Feb 5th, 2019, Lake Superior News
Mar 5th, 2019, KDAL 610 AM 103.9 FM Duluth, MN