Transforming coastal decision makers into coastal leaders by providing skills training and collaborative learning opportunities that inspire thoughtful management of Lake Superior.
Coastal Training Program (CTP) is dedicated to providing opportunities for local decision-makers to learn about the factors that influence coastal systems, think critically about the role that they play in coastal management, and cultivate skills and confidence that will allow them to be intentional about taking actions that result in mindful management of our estuaries and Western Lake Superior coast.
Coastal Training Program Staff
Students & Interns
Coastal Training Program Intern
University of Minnesota Duluth
Current topics of training
- Regional algal blooms research and public health
- Estimating the Local Marine Economy
- Clean Stormwater contractor trainings
- Lake Superior water level scenario planning
- Best practices for long-term restoration monitoring
- Incorporating climate hazards into planning efforts
- and more!
Jan 16th, 2020, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Oct 23rd, 2019, Fox 21 Local News
Oct 17th, 2019, KBJR 6
03/29/2020 13:00 (LST)
1.8mps - 4mph
3.0mps - 6.7mph
4° To S
All Data is property of NOAA Office for Coastal Management (OCM) / National Estuarine Research Reserve System (NERRS)