Transforming coastal decision makers into coastal leaders by providing skills training and collaborative learning opportunities that inspire thoughtful management of Lake Superior.
Coastal Training Program (CTP) is dedicated to providing opportunities for local decision-makers to learn about the factors that influence coastal systems, think critically about the role that they play in coastal management, and cultivate skills and confidence that will allow them to be intentional about taking actions that result in mindful management of our estuaries and Western Lake Superior coast.
Coastal Training Program Staff
Students & Interns
Coastal Training Program Intern
University of Minnesota Duluth
Current topics of training
- Regional algal blooms research and public health
- Estimating the Local Marine Economy
- Clean Stormwater contractor trainings
- Lake Superior water level scenario planning
- Best practices for long-term restoration monitoring
- Incorporating climate hazards into planning efforts
- and more!
Oct 17th, 2019, KBJR 6
Sep 20th, 2019, 610 AM • 103.9 FM Duluth, MN
Sep 20th, 2019, Wisconsin Public Radio
11/22/2019 02:00 (LST)
2.4mps - 5.4mph
4.7mps - 10.5mph
330° To SSE
All Data is property of NOAA Office for Coastal Management (OCM) / National Estuarine Research Reserve System (NERRS)